Monday, June 2, 2014

Lemon Garlic Chicken and Seared Veggies - 30 days of Healthy Eating with the Velata Raclette

So, even as a Velata consultant I didn't jump on purchasing the Velata Raclette right away. Mostly, because I already had a sleu of other appliances that I never used (I'm not much of a cook) and didn't want to spend the money on another item just to collect dust. Boy was I wrong! 

My clients were literally raving about the Raclette so I finally ordered when we moved to Texas about 4 months ago... and I've used it almost every. single. day since then! It's by far the best kitchen purchase I've ever made! 

And it's the healthiest we've ever eaten (with the fastest clean-up) so I thought I'd do a series of 30 days of recipes and ideas for your family's healthy eating. Plus I'll also be posting my daily activity to get ready for the Scentsy Family Reunion (our national convention) 5K in July! Here's to the first of the next 30 days! 

Day 1: Lemon Garlic Chicken and Seared Veggies 


I love vegetables - even the less popular ones like brussel sprouts. And my favorite way to eat them is pan-seared but I've always had to use oil or butter to keep the veggies from sticking. The Velata Raclette has a non-stick surface that grills them to perfection without the unnecessary fat - just spray a little Pam and you're ready to go. 

The Velata Raclette comes with two grill tops - the one picture here has a smooth and ridged side - I like my meat and asparagus to have those fancy grill lines and my other veggies to be evenly seared.

I simply rubbed the chicken tenderloins in the Lemon Garlic Artisan Rub and grilled those to yummy perfection alongside the veggies.

The Velata Raclette also comes with 8 trays that slide underneath the grill surface. These are perfect for sides or Velata's ooey gooey cheese... which might be necessary when coaxing the kids to eat those brussel sprouts!  

Clean-up time: 48 seconds

Recipe:
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1 anaheim pepper
6 baby portabello mushrooms sliced
10 cherry tomatoes sliced
1 bundle of asparagus
20 brussel sprouts sliced
5-10 chicken tenderloins rubbed with Velata Lemon Garlic Artisan Rub

Yield: This recipe fed 3 adults and 2 kiddos

__________

Fitness: I completed Week 5 day 1 of my 10K trainer with a distance of 2.43 miles.

Okay, so this isn't me but trust me when I say that my legs look exactly like this ;)
Purchase your Velata Raclette Grill online at www.kande.velata.us. And now through June 15, 2004 you can purchase it in a Bundle and save big - plus I'll set-it up as a 'party' so that you can also receive $16 in free product and 2 50%-off items if you'd like them. Contact me or purchase online here

No comments:

Post a Comment