Thursday, June 5, 2014

Roasted Beet, Pecan and Cranberry Salad - 30 days of Healthy Eating with the Velata Raclette

In a nutshell I use my Velata Raclette almost every single day. It allow us to eat the healthiest we've ever eaten (with the fastest clean-up) so this is a post within a 30-day series on healthy eating Velata Raclette recipes and activity. Enjoy! 


Day 2: Roasted, Beet, Pecan and Cranberry Salad (Lunch):


I'd never had beets until last summer when my MIL roasted them for a family picnic - they quickly became one of my favorite vegetables. For lunch beets and roasted pecans sounded yum so I simply opened up a can of beets and tossed them on the grill for about 10 minutes along with a few fresh pecans. Normally I would have drizzled a bit of olive oil but with the Velata Raclette's non-stick surface you just don't need it so instead I sprayed a light coat of Pam and saved the calories.  



As a working mom I make lunch for myself and my 2 kids and I just can't eat the same things they can eat. This is another huge selling point of the Velata Raclette for me - I only have to clean one grill surface rather than 2+ pans which leads to my favorite feature - less than 1 minute clean-up time EVERY TIME!  

To finish up I threw everything in the bowl including some chopped romaine, the beets, pecans, feta cheese, dried cranberries and a drizzling of balsamic vinegar. For dessert we had a big bowl of blueberries. 

The Velata Raclette also comes with 8 trays that slide underneath the grill surface but especially at lunch I don't need them but I don't need to remove them - they can just stay right in place.

Clean-up time: 23 seconds

Mom's Lunch Recipe:
1 can of beets (sliced or cut)
A handful of fresh pecans
1/2 a handful of dried cranberries
1/2 a handful of feta cheese
Drizzling of balsamic vinegar
1/2 a stalk of cut romain lettuce
Large handful of blueberries
1 strawberry

The Kid's Lunch:
3 turkey hotdogs
2 carrots 
Blueberries

Yield: This recipe fed 1 adults and 2 kiddos

__________

Fitness: I completed Week 6 day 1 of my 10K trainer (I was able to skip a week) with a distance of 2.75 miles. And I'm also sticking to my routine of drinking 90 ounces of water a day. 

Okay, so this isn't me but trust me when I say that my legs look exactly like this ;)

Purchase your Velata Raclette Grill online at www.kande.velata.us. And now through June 15, 2004 you can purchase it in a Bundle and save big - plus I'll set-it up as a 'party' so that you can also receive $16 in free product and 2 50%-off items if you'd like them. Contact me or purchase online here

No comments:

Post a Comment